Visit Long Cabin Rentals Website!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Our Neighbor on the Other Side of the Gray Cabin


My Dad, Raymond Frederick Sparks

My Aunt Rita F. Sparks Farnham





My Paternal Grandparents
Verna and Fred Sparks
My dad passed away in 1967. Thirteen years later with two young daughters keeping me busy, my mother passed away.  It seemed unfair at the time, but God had a plan.  My dad's sister, retired from school teaching early and took care of the girls so I could spend as much time as I could with my mom.  Over the years after mom died, Aunt Rita became like a mother to me.  After several years of taking care of my Grandmother, Grandpa and Uncle Floyd both had long since passed, my Aunt was free to do as she wanted.  She decided to become my neighbor again and move to the lake!  We had been neighbors back at the time my mom was sick. So, she purchased the house next door when it came up for sale.  She told us how she wanted it to look and we remodeled it.  Six weeks after she moved in, she passed away from colon cancer.  I was devastated, my second mom had been taken away, Bill was still reeling from his parents murders and the trials - still going on yet today!  We slowly came out of a fog and began to think about renting the two little cabins on each side to pay the taxes, insurance and upkeep.  Thus, we slowly began to refer to them by color -   Green Cabin and Yellow Cabin!

No comments:

Post a Comment