Visit Long Cabin Rentals Website!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Five Years Later

As I previously stated, five years passed before I saw my future groom again.  We ran into each other at a pool near DeSoto, Missouri where on Friday nights they had parties - it was kinda like a tiny Woodstock.  As the stars sparkled against a black sky, I ran into Bill and he asked me to go for a motorcycle ride; the nerve of this guy. He begged; I relented.  As young girls are inclined to think, I assume we are becoming an item.  One Saturday morning my mom calls me from the shop she worked on Main Street to tell me she sees him ride by with a girl sitting beside him in his car.  Bill has a lot of explaining and chasing to do.  I recall telling him I hate him, but he didn't give up and we began a whirlwind courtship.  Our first trip was to Lake of the Ozarks to his parents summer rental on Indian Creek in the Gravois Arm.  It was the summer of 1973, the first time I met his parents was Christmas eve and by February, Bill convinced me we should marry and we did in March! 

No comments:

Post a Comment